Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 8 - What Next?

Writing this blog, I have been surprised how eventful life has been from week to week. It seems as though this has been an unusually busy time, but maybe not. Maybe writing makes me more aware. I am eager to find out what happens next.

To my surprise, Tauni decided this week she wants to sign up for Marci's next 90-Day group. With wedding expenses looming, she was concerned about cost. I told her I think it is worth it and that I would pay. She interviewed with Marci, and is now committed to the next group. I am excited for her, and for me. Not just that she will get very fit. Her participation will motivate me to continue working out and eating well. Even though the workouts have been tough, I am already mourning the completion of the program. I will miss the group, the discipline of following the workout program, getting up early every day, and the accountability.

I am committed to continuing the good habits I have formed.

This week was possibly the biggest weight release of any week so far. Presumably that is the result of stepped up metabolism resulting from increased muscle. I certainly have been hungrier. People now comment frequently about my thinner profile, which is satisfying. I still see a lot of work to get where I want to be.

The exercises this week combined dumbbells with a lot of squats and lunges. This takes flexibility and balance, which are challenging to me. Next week's workouts look equally, if not more challenging. Dan told me workouts get increasingly intense. I have not been disappointed.

We also are talking more about relationship issues. I listened this week to the Love Languages CDs. Tauni's and mine definitely are different, which undoubtedly has been a source of frustration for both of us. Her's is service; mine is affirmation. She wants help; I want compliments. I bring her flowers; she wants the faucet fixed. I want compliments; she pays the bills. And so it has gone.

But I am learning, and no doubt we both love each other very much. I am excited for what we can learn together as she goes through this program.




No comments: